Search This Blog

Saturday 4 August 2012

Day Five..Annual Leave. Olympic Crowds. Had a lay in for a while and then went and did a 1.5 mile jog. F went out to his family and I followed him later in the morning. F said that the trains were really quiet but that's because we were travelling on the edge of the olympic commuters. I left home about 8.10am and it was getting quite busy. At West Ham station where I have to go from the District Line to the Jubilee Line, people were queueing up to walk down the stairs to get to the other rail lines which was a bit weird. F told me to walk up the platform to the first carriage of the Jubilee train and I am glad that I did. It wasn't empty but was comfortable to ride those few stops to North Greenwich Station. I am not one for sports, never have been and the olympic's does not interest me. On my previous posts when we went to Convent Garden Market and The Strand, we were expecting a load of visitors to London and the country had planned for it but we were quite shocked as to how few people were around. Today, Friday, we were suppose to be getting a huge influx of people into West Ham Station and obviously Stratford Station because they have links direct to Olympic Park however, we were quite surprised that there was not such big crowds. We didn't leave till about 4pm and it still only took around an hour to get home which was a comfortable ride. We only live about 15 miles away from Central London and on a clear day you can see Canary Wharf, The Shard and the HSBC & Citi Bank Buildings. When we got home we just relaxed after walking Tammie. I finished knitting the scarf I am designing and it is still blocking as I write this so I will post a picture tomorrow. Oh well, am off to chill and enjoy the rest of the day. Ta ra for now...

No comments: