Tammie could'nt quite work out how to get past the tree that was blocking the pathway and when we stepped over the railing you should have seen the look on her face. We obviously picked her up and moved around the devestation and to be honest, was glad to get out of there.
In case your wondering...I am not one of those people who loves to hug trees or ties themselves to them. I just love the joy they bring to me and to the area that I live in and there's not many people that can say they get to walk through a lovely park whilst on their way to a stressful day's work.
Moan over....almost! I can't say it's been a good month to be honest. My head is full of worry and don't sleep that well. I have been ill for about a week with Tonsilitus & Chest Infection and it seems to be taking ages to go...I wish it would, have had enough of it now.
I started a baby cardigan a week ago called Tulip. I bought the pattern from ravelry.com for a few pounds and I used acrylic yarn and my new Knit Pro Karbonz that Frank bought me for christmas. Here's a photo of the finished cardi...
It only took a few minutes to sew in the ends and the pattern is just brilliant. The applied i-cord that you do around the neck and for the tie is just brilliant. It neaten's up the neck but the main thing for me is you don't pick up stitches and knit it all in one go. It's an i-cord edge so it's done with barely 4 stitches. It's just wonderful and the person who designed this cardi is bloody brilliant.
I also finished a crochet project that I was taking to work with me. I ended up not getting a break most of the time so I got up early every morning and did a little crochet whilst waiting for time to leave for work. I designed it myself and it was going to be a doily but thought I would give it a go at being a cafe net for the bathroom.......it's made in 100% silk which I bought years ago off ebay...
I am rather pleased with it. I used a size 5mm crochet hook too and I didn't write a pattern. I used about 100g of yarn and where you already have the holes in the pattern, I just threaded the curtain wire through that.
And finally to finish, a close up of the Primrose Throw which has been ignored for about a week ...I am going to crack on with it after posting this.
Last but not least...a picture of Tammie refusing to move off the bed when we were trying to change the duvet and sheet covers...
I hope everyone has a good week ahead and I pray that my family do to......take care