Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 March 2020

3rd March

On the 1st March whilst on the bus travelling from work to home, I tried to upload a couple of photo's to blogger from my phone but it just kept coming up with an X.  So I have waited till tonight to write on my blog.

 This first photo is my latest new hobby that involves absolutely no pattern, no needles or even a hook.  I have been wanting to try drop spindle spinning and so I treated myself when I went to the Knit & Stitch Show at Alexandra Palace in London, to a kit that cost £20.  I spun it, very thin and very thick at the same time, knitted it into a rectangle and intend to use it for something a bit later.

However, this photo shows 300g of fiber from a Jacob sheet which is naturally grey and white in colour.  The company that I purchased it from is called 'The Fibrehut' and they are a UK based company.  They called the colour 'Humbug' and if you could feel the softness of it, it is absolutely wonderful.    Not sure what it will end up as but I just love it!



 The next photo is of a pair of mittens that I have designed and will put in my gift box.  I have decided to knit what I want without pressuring myself with a pattern. Plus, I want to have items in a box that I can just pull out and give as gifts.

I wanted to knit some mittens and try a turned hem at the cuff so that is what I did.  I then got out my stitch dictionary book and saw the pattern called 'Caterpillar' which I thought looked like texture from wings of a Robin.  So that is what I have called these mittens.

I might write up a pattern one day but at the moment, I am just enjoying the creations that I come up with.  I used Novita Sock Yarn which is like a 4 ply.



 This next photo is of my next gifting project.  I have some Stylecraft Bellissimo yarn left over from a previous project and did not want to make another blanket.  So, I have been randomly putting colours together and am crocheting a cowl.

It is a big, bright and soft cowl that you can wrap around your neck a couple of times to keep you warm.

I will still have some of the yarn left over so that will probably end up as another cowl at some point, we will see!

I wish I could crochet for hours and hours like I use to.  Unfortunately, my upper arm and shoulder does not like it...so I limit myself now.


I am loving the light mornings and evenings now.  It is light at about 6.30 am here and when I leave work at about 4pm it is still light and the sun is out.  It makes a big difference to me as a whole, I hate the early dark mornings and nights.

This last photo is of my Tammie.  It was taken on Friday last week when Frank was off work for the day and she was sulking cause her Mum was at work.

She is getting old now, cannot see very well and seems to have good days and bad days.  She loves blankets and cuddles.





My best friend.

No comments: