Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 March 2020

18th March 2020


Good afternoon and welcome to my blog.  

I am off work today and no it is not because of the coronavirus but because of the arthritis in my knees and is playing me up with terrible swelling.  It tends to get worse if I am sitting all the time and because I am a Medical Secretary, my job is sedentary 99% of the 8 hour work day.  Yesterday my ankles ballooned bad and felt like I had a rubber ring around my ankles. 

So today, I have been elevating my legs to reduce swelling.  

What have I been doing that I can do whilst elevating legs, I managed to spin some of my Jacob fleece fibre that I purchased from Fiberhut in the UK.  The colour is called Humbug and is a natural colour.

I recently purchased a niddy noddy and got to use it today.  I wound 385 feet of handspun round it and it is now waiting to be washed.  I still have about 200g of fibre to spin but that won't take much longer.  


This is the Ashford Niddy Noddy.  
Now that I know how to use it, I can crack on with getting the rest of the fibre spun. 
I do intend to use the spun yarn to knit a hat for myself and my partner for the winter and maybe, if I have enough left, a scarf for my partner.

We will see!

😁😁😁


I have been writing this blog for a long time now and only just realised you can add Emoji's.

😳😳😳



After watching a few podcasts this morning and a new one called Yarnmugs on Youtube, I decided to finish a sock.



This is Opal Sunrise sock yarn and it is such a robust yarn.  I love Opal, it is so hard wearing and Frank said that they are much warmer than his other socks.    He told me he prefers the heel flap, heel turn and gusset which means knitting the sock will take a bit longer.  (I prefer to knit a short row heel).  Never mind.

I am now going to my Ravelry page to purchase a crochet pattern that I have been waiting for.  

Sandra at Cherryheart podcast has finally finished designing a blanket that is just one colour and is absolutely gorgeous.  

Take care everyone!



No comments: