Search This Blog

Friday 28 February 2020

28th February


Here are the socks that I tried to download from my phone onto the blog. 

I ended up having to do this blogpost on my laptop today, I was too tired on the bus.  The sock pattern is called `Biscuit Socks' and the pattern is available on Ravelry.  

I used a Novita Nalle yarn which is slightly thinner than a normal 4 ply sock yarn.  I have quite a bit of it in different colours which were a Christmas present. 

The designer is a friend of mine called Lorraine, she has a podcast on Youtube called 'Ellinesscrafts'.  I hope you can get a chance to go watch her podcast, she uploads once a month and is very inspiring with her knitting and crochet.  She has a Ravelry group too so take a look if you can.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This next photo is what I plan to do the weekend.  


I have taken up Drop Spindle spinning and this fibre is called Jacob Fleece, a natural colour way which is called Humbug.  I love humbug sweets!

I am going to invest in an Ashford E-Spinner this year. 

I have found that when you are spinning, you obviously don't have a pattern in mind and I like that.  You just sit down, watch tv while spinning and it is more relaxing than knitting/crochet.  

I can see spinning is going to be a big part of my crafting life!

Oh well, I am off now to do a bit of knitting on my latest design which I am loving.  It is 7 pm and am ready to chill out with a cuppa and maybe a bit of cake.

Be back soon.

No comments: