Search This Blog

Sunday 15 March 2020

15 March 2020

What a world we live in, panic buying because there is a virus going around.  The queue's in the supermarkets are crazy, no toilet paper, dried pasta, tins of food, biscuits, soap.   I work in a local hospital and I know that people are worried, especially the elderly but come on now, it needs to stop.  People are being so selfish at stocking up ridiculous amounts of products, not even thinking about other people.  I am not going down that route, there is no need to.

The constant media involvement about all the what if's and buts are just making people panic and they need to stop.  Just give us the information about the progress of what the government are doing and suggesting and none of this nonsense.

Yes, it is a nasty kind of flu but even normal flu can cause death, dependent on your age and medical condition, so why are people panicking.  Why toilet paper!  Tear up newspapers that you have laying around and use them to wipe your arse!  Just like the old days.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Now let's get on with what I have been up to in regards to my hobbies. 

 You can have the pleasure of seeing any ugly mug now while modelling a finished crochet project that I called 'Flowers in the Garden".

I still have quite a bit left over of the Stylecraft Bellissimo Yarn from my Striations blanket and I decided to make a cowl for my 'Gift Box' that I intend to fill up with things that I actually want to make.

I love just picking up the crochet hook or knitting needles and  'winging it' with no idea what I am going to create.  It might be a stitch that I have seen in one of my dictionary's or even just an idea that I have come up with trying to fall asleep at night.

The cowl has come out quite big and can easily be wrapped 3 times for a snug tight fit (even to hide the double chin) and is soft and warm.




 The next photo is my gorgeous fella modelling a hat.  I came up with an idea of knitting a folded brim that I later sewed to make it thicker and warmer over the ears.  Also, I wanted to do a bit of colour work and just casted on 120 Sts and knitted.  I was really pleased with it and then I thought, how am I going to shape the crown.

I didn't even think about that and after much thought, I decided to split the stitches into 4 and decrease at beginning and end of each.

I could have done it a bit better but am quite pleased with the outcome and as you can see in the photo below, the crown looks ok.




I used a yarn called Novita Nalle which is a 4ply sock yarn that I used on my Bear in the Woods socks last year.

All I have to do now is purchase a polystyrene head to show off my hats that I am bound to make in the future.

I have tried to purchase one in the shops instead of ordering online but have not been able to and will have to order one from Amazon.

Finally, the last photo is of a granny square project that I want to make for my son Scott and his partner.



I want a long term project that I can use up my Paintbox yarn's that I got for Christmas from Frank.

I have not made my son a blanket and when I showed him what I wanted to do he said 'awesome' which made me smile.  I said I wanted to make an heirloom blanket that he can gave for years to come and for when I am gone and he wants a hug from his Mum.

I intend to crochet at least one square a day using 10 colours (yes that is a lot of ends to sew in but I don't care) and then will arrange them and sew them together.

Then I intend to crochet a deep border to use the last of the colours.


Oh well, that is it for now, am going to go and cook a meal and then do some crafting.  If you get a chance to see more of my crafts, why not send me a friend request and I will add you but only if you are a crafter like me.  My instagram account is 'shbachan'.  There is a link on my Ravelry page too, I am 'suehb'.

No comments: