Search This Blog

Monday 23 March 2020

23rd March 2020

Hi, I hope you are all well and following the government guidelines to stay at home and not to go out unless it is absolutely necessary.

I do hope that those idiots that have been visiting Richmond Park in London stop being so bloody selfish and go home.  We all need exercise, I take my dog out when it is quiet and am not out for more than 10-15 minutes, but the crowds at Richmond Park were ridiculous.  

I would love to be able to go on the bus and go to work at the hospital as a Medical Secretary but I am taking responsibility and not doing that.  

I have not transitioned from being an Agency Secretary to a full NHS contract yet so I don't get paid for these 2 weeks and I hope and pray that after my 2 weeks of isolation because of my Partner having symptoms, I can go back to work.  Even if I have to walk the 5 miles with arthritic knees, I will, just to earn a living and do my bit for the great NHS.

That's enough of my moaning, I'm sorry for that!

X X X X X X X X X

Daily chores are still happening.  I actually stripped my king size bed of its bedding, washed it on a hot wash, put it out on the washing line because it is gorgeously sunny and breezy outside, and by the afternoon I put the bedding back on my bed without ironing it.  The smell is amazing, I love that outdoor fresh smell of laundry. 

It's lovely and sunny again today so I am going to strip the bedding on my Grandchildren's bed, air off their room and have a little tidy up.  I really missed them the weekend, I normally have them every fortnight and just love the mess they make and the comments and conversations they have.  I miss my cuddles with the kids.

X X X X X X X X X X

On the crafting front, I have finished spinning on my drop spindle the Jacob fleece fibre and here is a photo to show you.


I know it looks a bit scruffy but I have not washed and wacked it yet, I will today and post a picture of it later.  It will dry in no time in the sunshine.

I finished Frank's socks, the Opal Sunrise ones, they fit him so well and he said it is like walking on a soft sponge.  They are so robust!


It is not a great photo but just look at them.

Oh well, I am off to wash my handspun, hope you are all ok.



No comments: