Search This Blog

Saturday, 2 January 2016

Waterloo Station, Christmas & Magic

Well, all the festivities are done and all is back to normal. Thank goodness!  I worked right up to the day before Christmas Eve and I finally got a Christmas Eve off for the first time in 8 years.  We got a visit Christmas morning from Ross, Emma & Mya and had a cooked breakfast and then exchanged gifts.  Then we went for a walk with Tammie and spent the rest of the day eating, resting and watching crap on tv.

 I got very spoilt again, Louisa Harding Amitola yarn, Clover Crochet Hooks, Fiorelli Hand Bag, Knit Pro Symphony Tunisian Crochet Hooks with the extensions, Louisa Harding Grande yarn, Chanel No.5 Perfume and much more. ...especially this
A beautiful Forever Diamond Engagement Ring!!

Boxing Day and Sunday was spent going around the sales and having lunch out and then it was back to work on Monday 28th Dec for me.  Would have rather been home with Frank and pup but never mind.

New Years Eve was spent at home, I did say to Ross & Emma we would have baby if they wanted to go for drink but instead they came to dinner and they left because they wanted to be together to see New Year in.  Frank and I went to bed about 10pm and heard the fireworks go off but was too tired to get up.  

I have been busy with my knitting after deciding to have a go at designing a pair of large gloves for Ross.  He has trouble getting gloves to fit and it is not easy.  I have made one glove but am not 100% confident with them and will need some tweaking.  I shall save a picture for another day.  I am still working on the mitred square blanket too which I thoroughly enjoy doing too.

Today, we went to Waterloo to a brilliant cafe called Ecco in Lower Marsh Street but just our luck, it was shut.  Even I Knit was shut so we popped back on the train and went to Embankment and had a McDonalds breakfast which satisfied the hunger.    Waterloo Station is very big, here are a few of photos I took

This is the large information board and underneath are the barriers to get through to the fast trains.  The station serves a lot of the South of England and South Coast.  

This photo on the left was taken right near one of the entrances and it goes on for a long way.  There are steps up on the right to go up to other shops and right down the end you use to be able to get the Eurostar to France but thats all stopped now.

This photo above shows you to the right side there are shops like Accessorize but the 3 arches are entrances to the District Line etc and to the High Street.  It was fairly quiet when we got there at about 9am but let me tell you, it is jam packed within minutes.  

After getting breakfast we went to John Lewis Store in Oxford Street to have a look at their sale yarns in Habadashary and Frank bought me 3 skeins of pink Rowan Creative Linen which I will make a dress for Mya.  We had to go to the bathroom after and whilst I was in the ladies, Frank took this photo from the waiting area and it is Cavendish Square. You can see the Post Office Tower in the distance.

We had a good look around Disney Store, Boots, Next and was begining to get a bit crazy with shoppers plus it started raining.  We ended up in Debenhams for a coffee and cake and we bought 3 lovely coats for Mya on sale.  

Ross got a tattoo done on his hand by a friend who is practising and he was pleased with it.  

Here is a photo of my Magic who I absolutely adore and is the best thing that has happened to me in the year 2015.  

Be back soon!

Post a Comment