Search This Blog

Saturday 12 September 2015

Not London today but baking...

Here is what I made today and it's called Victoria Sponge,  a traditional receipe by Mary Berry who is a British icon of cooking.  www.bbc.co.uk/food and type in Victoria sandwich and it will show you the receipe as well as the method.  Here is my method exactly as Mary says.....

This is what you need in the bowl all at once
Then mix it all together with an electric mixer until it's all mixed... Don't over mix it.  Here is what it looks like.. 

Just simply put half of mixture into two greased tins and weigh them both to make sure that they are as even as possible.  

Put in oven for about 25 minutes and then voila.... 
Once cooled put your filling onto one which traditionally is a jam but I put some butter cream in and then lightly dust with icing sugar. 


I hope you enjoy making it and hope they you use the BBC website for more receipes.

On the crafting side of things here is my latest finished project and I will talk more about it later.




No comments: