Search This Blog

Friday 8 March 2013

It's finished....Lily blanket is finally done. Well, it was finished a while ago but have not been in the 'craft' mood as of late. I have finished another project and the pattern is from Knitty.com called 'wisp'. It's a free pattern and I used Rowan Kidsilk Haze and some silver beads. I loved knitting it and has washed up lovely. It's currently blocking on my ironing board. We haven't been out visiting anywhere at the moment, Frank has been working overtime some weekends and I have just spent the weekends catching up with boring housework. I must admit though, I am looking forward to Spring finally appearing so we can go visit some more parks and places of interest. Talking about parks, New River Walk is having a celebration in September where people will be dressed in costume's from the era 400 years ago. Apparently, the park was one of the first water supplies to London but you can find out more if you look on the Islington Council website. I will keep updates of it on here to confirm dates, I cant wait to go and see it all when the baby birds are around. Frank and his colleagues have been cleaning the river up the past few weeks, pumping out the water in some parts, clearing the leaves and debris that people throw in and basically, enjoying the work that is involved. He said the bulbs are all popping through now too, so I cant wait to get over there. Am going to finish with this lovely photo of my Amarylis flower that has first opened today. It's a gorgeous red and there are two more buds that need to open. Catch you all later.

No comments: