Search This Blog

Sunday 17 September 2023

17th September 2033

 

It is a lovely cool Sunday here in Essex and we are due some heavy rain and possibly some thunder which I am looking forward to.  I often open the kitchen door to get the fresh breeze flowing through the house.  

As promised from yesterday, I have a couple of pictures to show you of my latest projects which I have been working on.

This first picture is of my 3/4 inch hexagons which have been basted the old fashioned way, without the glue, over papers and all sewn together by hand.  

I have taken the basting stitches out and the papers and decided to iron on the back some vilene just to secure it a bit till I can decide what I can do with it.

I was thinking of making a book cover for my project book that I like to keep notes in or I could make a little case or project bag.

I am not really sure yet so I thought if I at least have it ready, I can then decide later and it will be all good to go.

I got the fabric from Amazon which were charm packs, small ones and I bought the papers from Amazon too.




This next photo I have been working on for quite a long time. I hate throwing away scraps and I decided to get the sewing machine out and just randomly sew scraps onto a piece of wadding with a cotton backing.  It took a fair while to do.  On some of the folds you can see dress making pins which is where I made a 'boo boo' and could not get the fabric to either fit or have enough to fold.  

I have been having a go at some basic embroidering stitches like running stitch, hem stitch and chain stitch and quite enjoy that motion of slow stitching.  

Again, I really do not know what it will be so at the moment I am just going to enjoy it.  I am hoping I might find inspiration from the many podcasts I watch on Youtube and be enabled to make something.  We will see how it goes.



The next photo is of a beautiful Peacock butterfly that my partner took whilst at Duncan Terrace in Islington.  Isn't it gorgeous.



The next two photos were taken at New River Walk which I have blogged about before.  It has had work improvements to the river itself, the pump system and some of the shrubs.  If you had seen it last year, it was quite unkempt because the council didn't want the staff to get in the river to clear away the duck weed.  

However, lately it has been removed and looks so much better with the new pump. 


The next photo is of the foot bridge that was replaced last year as well.  Sadly, with all the works going on in New River, the gates were closed to the public and it took a long time for it all to be done.  Also, when the contractors drained the river a lot of the birds had left.  

It was so sad to see it all like that and hoping in time it will all come back to normal and get nesting birds next year in the spring.  

It is quite a nice surprise when you walk around Islington and then find the river.  It has quite a lot of history and if you get time go and google New River Walk, Islington and you will find out a lot about it's history.  

Well, that is it for now.  I am going to go and rest and hopefully do a bit of crafting.



No comments: