Search This Blog

Monday 17 February 2020

February 17th, 2020



Almost 4 months since I posted here, I did not intend to leave it that long but have been busy being a full time worker.  The year 2020 did not start out as good as I hoped, I tend to expect things to start going wrong in January and it did.

My dear cat Tipsy, died in January.  She was 23 years old and her health was declining quite a bit and as much as she was eating and drinking, she was in a lot of pain and the vet said she had a blockage in her bladder and bowel.  We decided it was time and it was so difficult to have to play God.  She slipped away almost immediately and we brought her home and buried her in our lovely garden next to her brother Peanut.   We miss her so much, not hearing her snoring or her purring.


It is so hard having pets, saying goodbye is never easy and we decided no more cats.  We have our dog Tammie still and she is getting old and just can't bear to go through it all again but when the time comes, we will not have anymore pets till at least one of us retires.


The photo above is of a cowl that I designed a while ago now.  I had finished a blanket called Striations using Stylecraft Bellissima and have quite a lot left over.  This is a simple granny square design with a pretty edging.

I actually wore it on Valentines Day.  Again, in February 2020 my Nan died and she use to do a lot of crocheting at one time making granny square blankets for laps for a local charity shop.  She did not want anyone to wear black at her funeral so I decided to wear bright colours and my granny square cowl.

I do have some more finished projects to show off but for now, I will just leave this as it is and hope to be back soon.


No comments: