It's rather annoying because it cost £27.
Anyway I stitched the tear best I could.
Then I turned the cuff under and stitched around. It is now much better and hanging out on the washing line. I'll post an update shortly when it is dry.
Next I wanted to do something about my Downton Hat made from merino wool. I love this hat but after only one wash it stretched and is now very close to being blown away in the wind on a winter's day. This yarn was not cheap and it doesn't always pay to use expensive yarn. I only soaked it in the sink in luke warm water and it got huge. So today I found my elastic thread and weaved it in and out around the colour change rim as per the photo below.
Then I cut a 6 inch tail length and put hat on my head and pulled at the elastic to get a snuggly fit that won't blow away in the wind.
Then I double knotted it and sewed in the ends. You won't see the elastic because the design means you roll up the rim. I am happy girl now.
So I've had a nice productive day of repairs and then I thought of baking some cakes.