Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Day Two of Annual Leave. I had a light bulb go on above my head a couple of hours ago. I was up at 5am with my partner and when he went out, I decided to sit in bed with the laptop and watch 'roundthetwist' podcast and do some knitting. Then I got up at 7am, wrote my Day One Annual Leave (see previous post) and since 8am I have been doing housework. Well that was not the light bulb moment, this was the light bulb moment.
It might not look much but the net curtain was not 'gathered enough' and has been bugging me for over a year. Instead of going out and buying a net curtain with the appropriate gathering, I decided to cut the bleeding thing in half and now 'VOILA' I have a perfectly gathered two piece. I am well pleased with it and I used two old hair bobbles to bring each one together at the bottom. Isn't that a light bulb moment and not a penny spent. I did clean the inside of the windows but not the outside because typical British weather, its peeing down and chilly after having such a lovely sunny day yesterday. I think HIM up there knew I wanted to wash my windows today and thought, lets make it rain to stop Sue from doing it. It did not deter me though, I washed the heavy curtains with a mega load of Surf laundry detergent and Comfort softener and put them straight back up whilst wet. I have left the small window open for a while and I have a lovely smell in the living room of the laundry detergent. (WHO NEEDS A PLUG IN). Anyway, I have still got lots of the day left (its only 10am as I write this) so have made a cup of coffee and enjoying a NICE biscuit. Here's a picture of Tammie to end the post on and I will catch up with more later.....

No comments: