Search This Blog

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Annual leave starts here. Yep, Day One was yesterday and we went to Hadleigh Castle at Leigh on Sea. It was warm but with a refreshing breeze and the walking, oh my god, we did some walking.
This picture shows that we are at the top of one big mumma hill and when you get to the end you have to go over a 'stye' if thats the right spelling. Basically you climb up onto two steps (made out of wood), cock your leg over a a fence and then back down onto another two steps. Then there is an almighty hill to walk up that is so steep it gets your heart rate going. You then find this big beauty at the top with a perimeter wall that was dated back to the 16th century.
The views are quite breath taking, especially when you think your still in Essex. There were fields of hay stacks ready to be collected, a railway link called 'c2c' which goes all the way to Fenchurch Street in London. We noticed some people walking through a gate and thought we might be able to get to a much nearer train station but alas, nope. Instead we found a Salvation Army cafe up on top of another hill and they had toilets (yay for toilets) and we sat and had a well deserved ice cream. We had to walk all the way back to Leigh on Sea train station which seemed quicker going back and by the time we got to the train station, both me, my partner F and my little dog Tammie were quite knackered. When you come out of Leigh on Sea train station and do a right, there is a cute little fishing village with not a lot there but fresh fish huts. There's a gorgeous little beach and a nice pub, we sat in the garden and had a meal. (Quite pricey but the food was delicious). The pub is called 'The Crooked Billet' and my partner said that he read a book recently which involved the area we were in so it made interesting viewing of the sites.
Mind you, the area is pricey for eating out. One fish and chip shop wanted £7.50 per person (get outta here) and there was a cute little tea room too but they were even dearer than the chippy. By the time we got home it was around 4pm and we had a nap in the bedroom with Tammie curled up too and then my good god, I must have been made. I got the ironing board out and did some whilst my partner sat up and read his latest book. IRONING ON MY ANNUAL LEAVE ( yes I have gone mad ). Afterwards, we sat downstairs for a couple of hours with a cuppa and a snack and I started knitting on my own design of a project. Here is a glimpse.
Thats my crochet project bag that I made many moons ago and in front of it is my project I am knitting. Its in the round, with beads threaded onto Blue Faced Leicester Sock Yarn. I kind of wanted to have a go at designing something with beads so at the moment, I am 'winging' it with ideas as I go along. It's definitely going to be a scarf that you can wrap around your neck twice or have hanging but I am not sure how much depth its going to have. I am using size 4mm Knit Pro circulars and have 340 stitches on them. (yikes). After watching some mindless tv, we then totted up to bed by 10pm. Perfect ending to a perfect day.
Post a Comment