Search This Blog

Sunday 16 October 2011

Addiction to Knit is getting worse


I cannot believe that it's been so long since I last posted. It's not like I have been really busy. Well, yeah I have..going to work, housework and sorting out kids but other than that, I have been busy with my knitting and crochet. Here is a picture of a WIP (work in progress) that I have been doing. Its made with King Cole Riot and its 30% wool and 70% acrylic. I intend for it to be a raffle prize at work. Its crocheted and the pattern is on bernat.com and is called 'honeycombe'.

What else have I been doing, I have found a new website to follow. Have a look on the side bar to see it. They are called www.theknitgirllls.com. They are addicted to knitting and spinning and update you on WIP's, spinning, book reviews etc and I only just wish I lived in the US because over here in the UK, not much happens in the fibre world. I have been catching up on their episodes and its better than watching tv...apart from Autumnwatch at the moment on BBC channel. I dont like watching the soaps, eastenders, neighbours, emmerdale etc but I do like documentaries. I watched Billy Connolley's Route 66 which was very interesting. I am so envious and I hope to win the lottery to do loads of travelling one day.

My brother finally moved out in September. He was lucky to find a landlord with a small deposit required so I have got my home back again. I do miss having the company but have replaced it with the knit girllls.

Autumn is definetely here now. Its sunny, bright but flipping cold now. The weather has been so crazy lately. Last week we had temperatures of 20 and it was lovely and then this week just gone, its flipping cold. I made myself a hot water bottle cover and did my own design. I will add some black ribbon instead of the crochet cord. Looks like I might have to use it soon because we keep hearing its going to be a bad winter.

Anyway, I am off to do some more knitting and am even thinking of sewing something. There is just not enough hours in the day.

No comments: