Search This Blog

Sunday 25 September 2011

Getting ready for Autumn

I trimmed back my Hydreanga plant just now and kept the last few flowers for my living room vase. I must remember to bring the flowers inside next year because they are pretty. Did you notice the table cloth, it was some scrap material from a charity shop and I love it. Its very girly.

I finished the socks I was designing myself and I cant believe how much yarn I have left over from one ball of wool. I have enough to make a pair of fingerless gloves to match. If you ever buy yarn thats quite expensive (the red sock yarn was almost £5 a ball), always see what the yardage says on the ball band because this ball had almost 500 yards so I could easily get another pair of socks out of it. I know it doesnt always seem affordable with sock yarns but you can substitute with 4ply or even 2 ply. Just remember to look at the yardage.

Also, I cant believe how the time flies by, I made this cross stitch picture in 2000 and I remember sitting down doing it when the kids were at school or when they were in bed.

I still have a patchwork quilt on the go for about 12 plus years and one day I will finish it...I am now searching for another pattern to make a christmas present. I feel like doing an intricate cushion pattern so watch this space.

Finally, I went back to the dentist for a check up and asked him for something to stop my front tooth moving forward and he said a 'retainer'. Well I have one and am trying to get use to having a foreign body in my mouth. I have to wear it all the time, just not when I eat, but its not easy. I have to go back every fortnight to get it tightened and when I do take it out at times, my teeth blinking hurt so it must be doing something right. I must be crazy..

No comments: