Search This Blog

Thursday 14 January 2010

Teenagers

I'm trying to be light hearted at this precise moment but am finding it very difficult. The thing is, up to a 14 months ago my youngest son R who was 15 was the most wonderful, loving and caring child ever. Then he met a girl and from that day on (his first ever girlfriend), he has become this major monster who is rude to me, looks at me in distaste, told me he hates me, has not got one polite word for me, does not want to be around us and this very second ago, has barely spoke two words and been very abrupt.

I am finding it very difficult in my own heart to say "get on with it" and let him get over his teenage hurtfullness but when I am sitting here, crying again because of the hurt he causes, I dont know how much more I can take. He has become this obsessive, over-powering biggot that at times, I feel like I could say to him 'I hate you'.

People say, 'he'll grow up soon and realise what a git he has been to you and your family', or 'its his hormones', or 'just leave him to it and he will come running back with his tail between his legs'. Well I dont think that is ever going to happen cause he has become this control freak over his girlfriend and now at the age of 15, nearly 16, he has already said he is leaving home as soon as he can.

I hope I can get my son back but somehow, I cant see that happening.

No comments: