Search This Blog

Monday 17 July 2023

17th July 2023



 I said I would be back and here are a few photos of what I have been up to.  The socks to the left are called Grannies-In-A-Row and I got the pattern from Ravelry.  The cuff is partly crochet and it is a good idea.  They were not difficult to do but I would like to emphasise the fact that make sure you cast off the cuff with a stretchy bind off.  If you don't then you will not get the socks on over your feet.

I used Signature 4ply and the multi coloured was a Drops Fabel Print which is also a 4 ply.

I will never tire of knitting socks...especially now that I have a new pattern book that came in the post today.
The next photo to the right is of a crochet hat that I started yesterday using a 3 mm crochet hoot and some DK yarn called King Cole Big Value. 

I crocheted a brim which stretches to roughly 21 inches and then sewed the ends together.  I then crocheted around, designing as I go and am very pleased with it.  

I know that my Grand Daughter Aria will like it, she loves pink.



😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍



My new book came today, I started following a designer on Instagram called Charlotte Stone who is the creator of Stone Knits.  Her socks are amazing colour work and I am hoping to improve my colour work very slowly but I have not picked out a sock yet that I want to have a go at.  



I am pondering whether to use DPN's or a circular knitting needle.  I am not sure because of the tension that you have to get with knitting colour work socks.

I did make a pair of long colour work socks for Christmas a few years ago and they were a bit tight.  I do know now that you should go up a needle size but this time I am going to do a gauge swatch to see how I go with it.

There is such a good amount of choice in this book.  You can knit as little colour work or really get your teeth into a very detailed sock pattern.  

I bought the book from World of Books which was a bit cheaper plus you get free postage if you register with them.  Bargain!

I wonder if anyone else has had a go at very detailed colour work socks!



I think I have bored you enough.  I am going to go and start searching through the sock book to see what I can create..have a good evening and be back soon.  


No comments: