Search This Blog

Saturday 16 March 2019

Windy Saturday & Patreon

Hello and welcome to a rather windy Saturday, it is cloudy, dull and needing to put the light on at 3pm just so I can finally get to do a bit of knitting.  I had yesterday off work as my last annual leave day for this financial year and did not do much other than pop to Romford to have a look around.  Came back with a little bit of food shopping from Asda and Frank got a bargain book out of British Heart Foundation Charity Shop called The Royal Horticultural Society Pruning & Training and was lucky to get it.  It was £7.50 and nearly new and to buy new it would be 4 times that.

I had a little lie in this morning and after feeling a bit low for the past few days I made myself get up and do a few more household chores before I settle down for the day with my crafts.  I hoovered through the house, did a wash load, cleaned the kitchen worktops and then I remembered that I wanted to sort through the freezer.  I have got so much in there of foods that are half used and it takes up so much room but also we keep buying dinners each day that is fresh and the food in the freezer is just going to waste.  So after a good tidy up I ended up with the bottom drawer full of half bags of frozen oven chips, peas, mixed veg, Yorkshire puddings and potato wedges.  So today we are going to have a freezer food day today and I said to Frank I am not going out today.

Talking about the freezer made me remember this.  The photo on the left is home made Ice Cream that I had a go at making yesterday.  I watch a podcast called The Bakery Bears and they bake various traditional foods with a little story about its history.  They spoke about a pudding called Eve's pudding and she also made ice cream.  I just had to have a go at and it is not for the person on a diet unless you have got very good will power.  Kay, the host used 600ml of double cream, half a tin of Condensed Milk and some Vanilla Bean Paste.  So that is what I bought in Asda yesterday and oh my goodness!

I made it yesterday about 3pm and had a taster about 6.30pm but it was not properly frozen but very nice though.  Today however, we will be having it for our dessert and am looking forward to it.

I have been getting rather frustrated of late with my designing, I have ideas but they never come to fruition of late.  I get what I think is a brilliant idea and start making it and then I look at Ravelry and see the design has been thought of and I lose interest.  To be honest I get fed up and frog the project. Does anyone else do that....

However, I have been looking through my projects that I have on the go at the moment and apart from one project which is a free pattern on Ravelry called Elise (here is the photo of my version) which I finished the other day and absolutely love it, I actually have a couple of designs on the go and
forgot about them.

The Elise Scarf is crocheted and such an easy pattern to do.  I used Sublime Lace with 2 strands held together.  I used 4 colours in total and it is soft, colourful and warm.

I want to get a stock of items at home in my 'gift drawer' so that if it is someones birthday or someone just asks for something, I can have something to show them.

I am thinking of making a few hats too but am trying so hard to use my imagination.  I purchased the Knit stitch dictionary (see last post) to get ideas and am also on the look out for a crochet stitch dictionary too.


There are 3 other projects that I am designing at the moment and one is a knitted blanket, one is a Tunisian Pushchair Blanket and the other is a scarf.

This is a little glance of the scarf, I just love colour and this yarn is absolutely beautiful.  I will give away more info when it is finished which may take a while because I am using a small size needle.

I have avoided casting on another pair of socks at the moment and decided to knit this scarf on my bus journey to work and back instead of socks.  I was crocheting the Elise Scarf but that is completed now.

The blanket that I am knitting at the moment I am rather enjoying too and is using scraps of DK yarn held together. That is all I am saying for now about that and I have not seen anyone else come up with the design yet.

So for the rest of the day I am going to walk the dog, get the dinner done, have a lovely soak in the bath and then either see what is on the tv (which is not usually much on a Saturday night).

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I have finally become a Patreon to The Bakery Bears Podcast and am thoroughly enjoying it.  I am binge watching their Patron Only Podcast at the moment.

I hope you all have a good weekend and till next time, bye for now!





No comments: