Search This Blog

Monday 4 March 2019

Crocheting with lace yarn

I have a rather old stash of yarn that was purchased for me as a surprise about 5 years ago and it is called Sublime Lace which is a 25g ball of extra fine merino wool. It is 100% wool and each ball has 350 meters so you can imagine it does go a long way.  I have 2 colours of lime green, pink, purple, blue and black and have tried a couple of lace patterns but to be honest, I am not a lace knitter.  I love seeing lace shawls on podcasts especially the Evenstar shawl which is certainly an heirloom piece but  I would not have the patience for something with so much lace.

I finally found a pattern on Ravelry.com called Elise by Bernadette Ambergen which is an easy crochet pattern that gives you a wonderful summer time scarf.  It is a free pattern on Ravelry and I decided to hold 2 strands of the Sublime Lace together and a 3.5mm hook.  It is a worked so that you use each colour to the end and then join in the next which I like the sound of.  The actual designer has used pale colours which are beautiful but I just had to use this yarn to get it out of my stash and it is bright.                                                                

Add caption
  You can see it is bright but a joy to crochet and so far I love the colour transition which keeps the interest going.  I am not sure whether I will use all of the colours that I have, it is dependent on how big it gets.  It may be a scarf that goes in my gift box too, indecisive is what my day is like today.

I have done other projects since my last post, I have made another necklace and am trying so hard to not get addicted to jewellery making.  I have put it all upstairs out of sight purely because I keep looking at it and wanting to pick it up.  However, I want to finish what I have got on the hook and needles first, especially when I know I have a few more socks to knit yet.  Ideally I would like to have a stash of socks ready as gifts but when that will happen, I do not know.

In other news I have spent 4 days without any heating, gas cooker or hot water due to a faulty part on the boiler.  The engineer did say it needs replacing because it is 12 years old but then I am told by my landlord that they want to try and replace the part first and see how it goes.  So I guess as long as I do not smell gas when it ignites, that will be ok!!

It has been rather chilly and windy here the past few days and having the Grandchildren the weekend just gone, I was worried that the house was too cold for them but we coped and it was a lovely time spent with them.  Even though my ears are still sore from all the sibling rivalry going on.  That is what happens when they are so close in age.

I am now spending Monday waiting in for the gas engineer to do his magic and then hopefully will be able to warm up a bit.

See you next time...


No comments: