Search This Blog

Monday 26 August 2019

Solaria Blanket and Hedvig Blanket

I have been a busy bee with my crafts so I am going to show you a couple of finished projects from the last few weeks.

First of all is my completed Hedvig Blanket which was designed buy Arne & Carlos, here it is.



What do you think!



It is definitely an heirloom blanket because even though I thoroughly enjoyed making it, I was ready for it to be finished.

It is made with 100% Merino Yarn, cost £180 and took two and a half months to complete.

It easily fits onto a double bed and is super heavy.  I am not sure if that is because of the yarn!


Solaria Blanket




This is a design that is free on Ravelry.com and it is by Norah Gaughan.

It is suppose to knitted in yellow but I did not have any at the time and so I used some Jameson's Shetland Purple Heather which is aran weight and 100% wool.

The chart is so easy to follow and I absolutely loved this blanket.

The only problem I had is because of using a 6mm needle, the weight of it on the circular and the aran yarn has caused me a lot of shoulder and forearm ache so to be honest, I could not wait to finish it.    

I did wash it in the machine and it has felted slightly but that has not done any harm to the pattern.  However, the yarn has become more itchy and I can't bear to touch it.

So the 9 balls that I have left are going in my de-stash on Ravelry.com.


Finally, my next projects are going to be a crochet sock yarn blanket which will be a mindless project for the evenings.  I shall show a photo of that a bit later.

Also, I am going to start some socks and possibly some hats.  Not sure yet!  I would like to knit a couple of garments for my Grandchildren for the autumn.

It is a Bank Holiday here in the UK so that means no work day for me.  It is also 32 degrees outside and unbearable.  So it is a day indoors for me.



No comments: