Search This Blog

Saturday 31 August 2019

Granny Smith Apples

It is Saturday, 8.30pm and I have just spent a couple of hours working on another sock design which at the moment is driving me nuts.  I love the yarn I am using, I love most of the design except one little thing, a stripe that I have included.

So what do you get when you knit stripes with different colour yarn, a 'jog' and it is driving me nuts.  Normally a 'jog' in a stripe does not bother me but when you are writing a pattern and designing, you must make sure that it is professional looking.

I did knit the first sock on double pointed needles and thought that maybe if I knit it on a circular needle, it would be easier to do.  No...stupid girl that I am!

I am up to the turning of the heel and have put it away before it ends up being an Unfinished Flying Object.

It has been a pleasant Saturday, I was up quite early and decided that I wanted to get out and do my errands early so that I can spend the rest of the day at home pottering around. I had to go to the Postal Sorting Office to collect a parcel and then I got a few bits at the Heathway shops.  I was home again by 10 am, did some chores and then started working on the sock.

The weather has been much more comfortable today, I managed to get out in the garden too and did some tidying up and dead heading of the roses.

The tv has not been on most of the afternoon and all of the evening and now I am going to do a little crochet and listen to an audio podcast.

I don't have any photos to show on this post, I would like to have shown the socks I am working on but I am not happy with them and once I am happy with them, I have to knit a second pair in a different size as part of the pattern.

Have a good Sunday and happy 1st September for tomorrow.


No comments: