Search This Blog

Sunday 23 June 2019

June nearly done

Well we never got any storms as of today, it has been forecast quite a few times with heavy down pours, thunder and lightening in the South East of England but where I live, only rain.

As I sit here on Sunday at 16:30 it is quite overcast after a warm day of 23 degrees and is threatening to maybe, just maybe rain or thunder a bit.  So I really need to get this post typed up and then head out with Tammie for her walk.

Considering I wake up at 6 am Monday to Friday to get up for work you would think that I would get a lay in on a Saturday morning.

Nope!  I went to bed Friday evening at 7.30pm and I woke up at 05:45 on Saturday.  I did get a fair bit done, I even went and had my hair cut for the first time in a good year or two maybe.  It feels so nice and worth £35.  I have even booked in to have my hair highlighted with foils in 2 weeks so am looking forward to that treat.

I finally published my Gypsophelia Socks on Ravelry.com, I completed it early Saturday morning while I was wide awake.  The pattern consists of knitting up 2 pairs of socks, a lace pair with about a 6 inch leg and a shorty sock pair. Two for the price of one.


They actually used only 58g of the 100g ball of West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply yarn and so I cracking with a second pair but this time, shortie socks.


They obviously did not take as long to knit up because the cuff is only a few inches long but I am so pleased with how they turn out.  The colour is a lovely apple green with specks of cream and white.

Now that they are finished and the pattern is published I can get on with my Hedvig Blanket by Arne & Carlos.  I have done 60 flowers so far and I would show a photo on here but I wanted to do the Ta-Dah moment when it is completed.  So watch this space.

I better get going and walk the dog, have a good week and I will be back next Sunday.

No comments: