Search This Blog

Sunday 16 June 2019

Gypsophelia Socks



Hello and welcome back to my blog

I have finally finished my sock pattern called Gypsophelia which is named after the 
West Yorkshire Spinners Colourway that inspired me to design a pair of lace socks.

Here is a photo of them which was taken early evening.




I have the pattern nearly written up and I just want to get them test knitted.

Also I have 42 grams left of yarn left which ideally should be enough to make a pair of ankle socks.

I was going to call the socks "On the Buses" because a majority of them have been knitted on my journey to and from work plus during my half hour lunch break.  

However, I think West Yorkshire Spinners did a good job of naming this colour way.

***************************

The next bit of crafting I have done was last weekend.


I have been enjoying a podcast on Youtube called Lan Anh Handmade which teaches you so much about how easy some jewellery is made.

The bracelet in the middle of the photo shows my first go at twisting wire around a gem.  
It looks so hard but trust me, it is not.

I then went on to make a couple of other items too and they are all now sitting in my gift box.

If you do get a chance to take a look, I don't think you would be disappointed.

***********************

That is it for now, I have not really had a lot of time for crafting. 

My Hedvig blanket by Arne & Carlos has been going very well, I have completed 50 flowers so far.

Hope you are all well and be back soon.






No comments: