Search This Blog

Monday 14 January 2019

Simplify

SIMPLIFY is going to be my word for the year, I thought of it on the 1st January and am trying to stick to it.

I have spent the past week or two knitting on a design using a gorgeous new yarn that my partner bought for me at Christmas and it has been frogged twice.  I have spent most of today up to 3pm, knitting on the design and decided that I was not enjoying how it was turning out so I frogged it completely.  SIMPLIFY.

The photo below shows you the progress on the shawl design last night (Sunday) after we had taken our Grandchildren back to their Mum. I was pretty exhausted and just got straight into my night clothes, sat down with a cuppa and watched Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow whilst knitting on it.
However, it is so frustrating that I seem to be the only one who cannot get designs out of my head and into reality.  So for now I am just going to knit, that is all.  I have picked up my 30cm fixed Knit Pro Symphony's Circulars size 2.5mm and have Cable Cast on (don't know how many I have cast on) and then started knitting in the round.  I suppose the new thing about this project is that I have not used such a small circular knitting needle.

The yarn is full of colour and it is lovely to knit with and will be my 'On the Bus to Work' project. It will probably be a scarf but that is ok. SIMPLIFY.

Do you remember me talking about the Shed that we bought last weekend. Well just out of interest here is a photo of it in situ on the patio of my garden.

It fits perfectly and my brother did a great job of putting it together.  When you have the right tools, it makes a bit difference. All we have to do now when the spring time comes is to get rid of some decking at the end of the garden, re-think the position of some of our shrubs and pots so that the Grand babies can have some space to run around.  Can you see the Rose Bush under my kitchen window, it is a climber and the flowers it produces are big, yellow and smells gorgeous so once it bounces back to life in the spring, I hope it will cover that horrible bit of wall that is around the drain.

I am now going to go and do a bit of knitting again and then do a little bit of crocheting on the scrap blanket.  I would like to start planning some projects and I keep thinking about some hats and also learning a few new techniques to open up my library of experience.

So, thank you for reading my jargon and be back soon.

No comments: