Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Since February

Since February I kind of lost my interest in my crafts and was just picking it up for the sake of it, I got fed up with sock knitting and once I completed the last pair I had decided to not do anymore for a while.  I also felt quite tired most days, I still do, and cannot work out why.  I then got a part-time job working as a Receptionist in a Medical Centre which I started mid March and is absolutely exhausting, especially after a 10 hr day.

It is also a sedentary job so sitting down is a big part of the day which is not doing my knees any good, my feet and weight control.  I use to walk at least 10,000 steps a day making an effort to walk the 2 miles to work and 2 miles back but this job is too far away for that so I have decided to actually re-do the Couch to 5K exercise but more in line with walking distances rather than much jogging.  I do not want to aggravate my Plantar Fasciitis and go through that pain again.  I am also trying to control my eating again because I am comfort eating and also when I finish work late, I am eating dinner late which to be honest I do not really want so I need to look at my diet.  I am not eating enough fruit again and also found out that eating a portion of nuts is suppose to be good for you.  I do have a Doctors appointment on Monday to request a full blood test.

So what have I been up to, well as you can see in the photo below, I turned 50 the other day and I got such a lot of Birthday Cards which compared to few last year, was good going and much appreciated.


I got lots of lovely gifts and a surprise dinner part at a Harvester Restaurant in Gidea Park which Frank had organised with my Sister-in-Law and Brother.  My two Grand children were there too and my neice Adele.  We had my Grand Daughter over the weekend and on the Saturday we took her to Southend for a few hours where we both got spoiled again with clothes, shoes and jewellery which was not expected.  I knew we were going to buy Mya some new clothes because we bought her brother Martyn some the weekend before.

Since my last blogpost I had been crocheting on and off a design of my own so that Mya had a Summer blanket for the bed that we are setting up for when she stays and below is a photo of the design.  It is using Paintbox Simply DK and I call it Summer Magic.  I have not written up a pattern for it yet, I just need to bring myself to get round to doing it.



I have also been listening a lot to documentaries and articles on the news about how much plastic we use and what effect it is having on our planet.  The damage to our sea life is just so upsetting to see and realising that Acrylic yarn is not very friendly to our environment, I have decided to give up using Acrylic yarn. I am using up everything I have of Acrylic and then will look at using a more natural fibre.  That being said it has to be budget friendly too and am looking at the Shetland Spindrift Yarn which is a natural wool blend by Jameson & Smith in the UK.  

So I have been working on another scrap project using my last Acrylic and below is a photo of it for you to see.  On the negative side I am finding I can only crochet for a few hours at a time because it effects the base of my thumb quite badly.  It becomes painful to grip anything and is sore which is concerning me.  However, a little bit at a time I will get the project done.


Finally, I got a bargain at Hobbycraft about a month ago and it is a wool blend aran by Patons.  I think it is a discontinued yarn and the blue tweed effect caught my eye.  I am hoping to make another nice blanket but for Martyn and I have an idea for a design but just got to get it right in my head.  I will do a swatch sample of the pattern to see if it will work.  It was £2 a ball for 100g so could not miss out on that bargain.


Today is Wednesday morning and I have to be in work a little later. I have done housework and now going to watch a podcast called Fruity Knitting (an Australian couple who live in Germany) which is on Youtube and also one called Brooklyn Knitfolk (a lady living in New York) which is also on Youtube.  

Hope you all have a good sunny day and be back soon.


No comments: