Search This Blog

Saturday 28 April 2018

Points Card

Here in the UK we have two particular stores that I use regularly, the  Co-Op is a local grocery store just down the road from me, it is close to Becontree Train Station and several bus stops so it does get busy at certain times of the day.  My local Boots is also a pharmacy and if you google it, it will give you a long history of the company.  The one I go to is at Heathway and it sells toiletries, baby products, make-up and some diabetic foods.

The reason I am speaking about these stores is because I have a Points Card for each of them, have done for a long time, and when I spend you hand over your points card and you get points on the card for every purchase.  Sometimes its 1p per £1 spent and other times you get points deals which, when money gets tight or you want to buy a special treat you can use your points to purchase and it does not cost you anything.  I was wondering if other people use something similiar in other countries, I know my cousin in USA uses coupons cut from newspapers or given at the time of purchasing products but is there a points system too.

The store that I go to sometimes called Roomes of Upminster has a Habadashery Section where I have purchased yarn and when you spend money you get a paper card with squares on and they stamp a square when you spend.  When it is full (8 stamps) you get £5 off your purchase.

Can you imagine the amount of plastic cards in your purse if you had one for all the stores you use on a regular basis, that would drive me nuts.  I have saved a fair bit for Co-Op and when I have had £10 worth of points I have bought tins of baby milk, box of chocolates for a gift or just had it taken off a shopping bill.  I think it is a brilliant idea and will continue to use my Points Cards but what I would like is a points saving system for an online yarn store.  I would use it regular, especially now that I want to stop using acrylic yarn and will start purchasing a more natural fibre like wool.

Today is Saturday and both myself and Frank have not been feeling our best so we only popped to Heathway to the Library and took a few things to our local charity shop.  I purchased some bedding for a single bed.  Then I got the bed all made up to look cosy and comfy for when my Grand Daughter stays over.  The bed was given to use by one of Franks work friends, its made of iron and the mattress was in really good condition so I bought a waterproof mattress protector from a store called Wilkinsons and then put some blankets on it, especially Myas new blanket I made called Magics Summer and threw a lot of cushions on there too.

I was planning on painting 3 of the walls in the bedroom, just white to spruce it up a bit, but I have to be in the mood to decorate so it can wait a bit longer.

Tomorrow is going to be a lazy day, I want to do a bit more designing and then in the afternoon my Grandson will be visiting with my brother and sister in law.  We have not had great weather this week and the forecast is not looking good for the next few days.  I cannot believe that last weekend it was very warm and sunny and was going out without any coats on.  Crazy British weather.

Oh well, I am off to do some crafts and maybe watch a few podcasts.  Hope everyone has a good week and if you do have any thoughts about Points Cards, please comment below.

No comments: