Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Craft frenzy

Hi, sorry it's been a while since I wrote on here.  Been going through a lot of crap at the moment and I haven't felt very sociable.  We all get like that I suppose and I go quiet at times and all I have been doing is crafting....a lot.  I am back to being like a robot again, work, dog and then crafts, day in, day out and here is what I have been making...



The blue socks are from Wendy D Johnsons, Socks from the Toe Up book and it involves a provisional cast on with a crochet chain.  I really do like this technique and i finished these socks within a few days and gave them to Ma as a gift.  She really liked them.  

The first photo is of the same toe up socks using Opal Sock Yarn which was £9.50 a ball and I thought it was really expensive but to be honest, it is definetely a sock yarn.  They seem hard wearing, stitch formation is tight and they are soft.  I did do something differently though, I decided to do a Sweet Tomato Heel which was designed by Cat Bhordi.  I had a look on youtube and came across it and it's so easy to do.  There's no wrapping of stitches, no picking up gusset stitches and there is definetely no holes either in the heel.  I would recommend this heel and toe techniques to anyone who has a little experience of a sock formation because they fit lovely.

Finally, about two weeks ago I needed to get out of the house and get some solitude and I walked through my park with Tammie and I walk past this tree every day and never really stood under the protective branches, so I walked over to it and it sounds strange and no I didn't hug the tree, I just touched it.  I felt protected, it sounds weird but the minute I walked underneath the branches,  I felt hugged.   I took some photo's whilst Tammie was having a sniff around and I just stood there.  It was so peaceful and promised myself I will do that again.




That's it for now....hope everyone is good and enjoying the summer.  Personally, I will be glad when this year is over.  Take care xxx

No comments: