Search This Blog

Sunday 13 July 2014

Blooming Garden




These were taken yesterday (Saturday) and the garden is blooming lovely.  It was quite cold in the morning and was threatening rain but by mid morning it got really humid and warm. Frank popped round and he cut the grass for me and then we relaxed for a while before popping out to local shops to get Tammie's chicken that she has to have.

I have been knitting another pair of socks but this time they are for me.  I am using the Opal Sock Yarn which cost £9.50 a ball and I can honestly say it is well worth it.  I am on my second sock, I have knitted a provisional cast on toe up, done the instep, done the sweet tomato heel and am now doing the ankle and cuff.  I still have around 50g left so got enough for gloves or another pair of socks.  I am debating whether to start a sock blanket in self striping yarn's as I get leftovers but am thinking shall I do mitred squares (no), strips of stripes (maybe) or a corner to corner square (not sure).   They are certainly going to be winter socks because they feel so warm on. Here's a picture...


Oh well, that's it for now. There's still no change here and am still not feeling right, so I guess I just have to take each day as it comes and hope I can cope with it all.  Have a good week and I will leave you with a photo of my best friend....




No comments: