Search This Blog

Friday 17 September 2010

Baby Berry Hat


I dont know what all the fuss is about lately. I know theres people out there that have to have the bestest yarn going for projects but lets get serious for a moment. Wool, whether it be alpaca, 100% wool, bamboo etc, its expensive and like the time when I bought some 100% wool for a kimono, it stretched another 2 to 3 inches when blocked. So its rather disappointing that you buy the best you can afford and it dont go according to the pattern, swatch and tension.

Anyway, never mind. I have been very busy these past few weeks making loads of Jean Greenhowes Christmas Stockings and I am on the last one so I thought I would have a go at something quick and easy before I get stuck into the last stocking. This picture you see above is 'Baby Berry Hat' from www.ravelry.com and is a free pattern. The good thing is its knitted up so quick, within 2 hours, has intarsia and i-cord and is a great gift for a baby. I used ACRYLIC yarn, yes a cheapy that is guaranteed not to stretch in the wash, and barely used about 25g of yarn in the lavender and hardly anything in the green yarn. I am so chuffed that I am going to take it to work with me tomorrow to see what reaction I get. Fortunately, the lady who designed the pattern has got copyright on it but states that you can sell the item but not the pattern. So if I am lucky, I maybe able to sell a few for christmas savings.

Anyway, am off to bed now, got 7 days straight of working. Oh what joy I have aye. naaarrrhh. boohoo mee.

No comments: