Search This Blog

Monday 3 December 2018

First weekend of December




Back again with another little daily life update and today is Monday 3rd December 2018.

I had to book annual leave on Friday from work last week, I had felt really low and anxious which led to a few tears so after a long sulk in bed and feeling sorry for myself, I gradually started the day with basically doing minimal housework, stayed in my night clothes and just did a few things when I had the energy.

I did order my Grand children's main Christmas gifts on line and I also treated their Mum to a new Christmas tree which you can see in the above photo.  It is a 6ft pre lit tree and was only £20 from Argos which was a bargain.  Frank also bought some small baubles for them to hang up but I guess their Mum couldn't wait any longer.

I did decide to have a weekend off from having the Grand children but felt so quilty cause I know they like coming here and so we had them Saturday afternoon through to yesterday (Sunday) mid afternoon.  They both have terrible coughs and my grand daughter had been awake a lot in the night with coughing and crying.  I always try to keep a cough syrup and calpol at my house for them in case it is needed which helped a little but was absolutely shattered by Sunday.  

My grand daughter decorated some Gingerbread men and she has made a lot of playdough shapes which I have made little holes in the top with my knitting needle so that when they dry out we can paint them christmas colours and hang up on the wall.  I have some glittery nail polish so am going to utilise them for the shapes.


Frank bought a ball of Pairfect Sock Yarn the other week and I finished one of the socks last night.  It is a good way of knitting your socks without having to think about colours, design, shape etc.  They fit him great so that is the main thing.

Today I have woken up about 8am and have a cough, sore throat and feeling rather drained so I got all my chores done pretty quickly, went to the local Co-Op to get a few bits and now as I sit here typing this, it is pouring with rain.

I have casted on the other pair this morning and am now going to watch some Vlogs, do a bit of designing (on paper) which I thought about last night in bed, cook Frank's cottage pie for his dinner and then its ironing tonight.

Oh yeah, I did watch Day 2 of lovesockwool's vlog this morning while eating breakfast and she made some thumb cookies so I have the ingredients for that to have a go at.  Maybe!!

Have a good week and hopefully be back soon!



No comments: