Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 October 2017

This morning

I made myself go out today for at least a short while and I intended to go to a bakers in Upminster to get some sour dough bread, one for the freezer and one to use.  I love this bread and with a decent butter and cheese it's even better.

So I got out the door about 9.30am and sitting on the bench at the platform the information  board said delays.   I was freezing sitting there so took this picture
and then got the train to go to Dagenham East Station which is where the delay was and got two buses to Upminster. 

I got the bread which was cheaper than Percy Ingles bakers which is unusual because the bakers in Upminster is known to be pricey.  After that I popped into Roomes which has a small habedashary section and I treated myself to this 
 The pattern book and four balls of Sirdar Snowflake came to £17 and I will be making two teddies. One each for my grand children.  I can use the Paintbox Double knit for the clothes.   

I then went into Marks and Spencer and got a bar of chocolate for a gift and a selection box of chocolates that were half price which are also a Christmas gift.  
They were originally £6 but got them for £3 and the date on them to use by is August 2018.  

I approached a friend on Ravelry a few days ago who lives in USA and asked if she wanted to do a Christmas Swap and she said she would love to so the bar of chocolate I got out of Marks and Spencer is a start for her box. I don't think they have a Marks and Spencer in USA. 

After that I got back to the train station and the District line was ok now and got the train straight home.  I then had a cuppa and watched podcasts and started on the teddy pattern.  

Now I am in bed and planning tomorrow to have a good clean because I may have someone to view my home for an exchange the weekend.  So I will say goodnight and hope all is well.




No comments: