Search This Blog

Monday 5 February 2018

February 5th, 2018

Hi there,  just popping in to bore you about the freezing weather here in my part of the UK.  It is 11.30am right now, I got back from my interview this morning around 11am and I still cannot get warm.

It is just one degree above freezing here and when I left at 08.20 this morning I had my shawl, woollen coat, large cabled scarf, hat and gloves on and it started to blinking snow heavy.  I just thank the Lord that it is not very windy today because it would have been much colder.  My interview was at 09.30 and the bus journey became horrendous.  The traffic at the Heathway was really bad, the roadworks at Morrisons was even worse and then to top it off, the bus driver changed shifts so I rang and left a message with the Secretary that I could be late for my interview.  I have never been late and get anxious about it and so ended up getting there at 09.36.  They were ok about it thank goodness and my interview went well, they said they will contact me by the end of the week for their decision.

By the time I got home it started snowing again, just a little bit and I made a coffee and started to write this and update my Job Search Journal.

I have had my central heating on all weekend but last night felt so drafty and Frank and I decided to get a couple of blankets on our laps.  Frank has got the crocheted granny square blanket and I have the mitred square blanket.  You can just see the back of Tammies head where she is always laying.



I love my blankets and will keep on making them, I do not think you grow out of a blanket like you do with clothing styles and it is so comforting to have a warm cover to give you that extra bit of heat.

I certainly do not intend to go out again today, other than walk Tammie, I have just seen the Gritter Trucks go past so must be getting more snow soon.  I think I will just do a little tidying up and then get some more work done on Strip No.5 of the rug.  I am enjoying it so much.

I did finish one of Franks socks the other day but when I got him to put it on it seemed quite small in the foot. I could not work out why it came up short because I always do 70 rounds for his foot length so I unpicked the toe and got him to put it back on and blimey, it was about an inch too short.  I added another 10 rounds and it was better and so am now leaving to do the toe until I finish the second sock. I was puzzled why it was so short and then occurred to me that I am using size 2mm dpns and knitting quite tighter than normal.   

I am also trying to alternate the way I knit through each knitting session that I do, I am quite concerned about my thumb and the pain I am getting.  I will put on a support to see if that helps and take little break too.

Oh well, I am off to get another coffee and try to warm up.  Have a good day and will be back with good news about the job soon.






No comments: