Search This Blog

Thursday 1 February 2018

February 1st, 2018

Today is a very cold (4 degrees) but sunny day and I did not want to go out  but I told myself that the dog loves her walk and so I put on a shawl under my coat and my big cable scarf on top, plus a hat and gloves and went outside.  I just about managed to miss most of the school kids going past and there were only a few screaming teenage girls to blot out the noise from.  I was not out for very long, literally posted a letter and was back again much to Tammies dismay.

Yesterday I was up bright an early at 6am and walked to the Heathway to catch the bus to Harold Hill.  I got to Michelles house around 07.15 and got a lovely greeting from my Grandson.  We spent the day together while Michelle went to work, we played, chuckled, he can sit up now on his own most of the time with just a little wobble now and then.  He loves his racing car walker and his jumperoo but also gets a lot of floor time rolling around, talking and being quite vocal.  I managed to get a bit more knitting done on my latest socks whilst he slept and I watched a couple of podcasts like Fruity Knitting and Skeindeer Knits and then at 4pm I put on a quiz programme called Tipping Point. Now for some reason my Grandson likes this programme, he will watch it intensely at times and all I can think of is because of the bright red colours on the machine.  You can see this quiz programme on Youtube if you want to see what I mean.

My niece came in from school and then my brother came in from work and we had a coffee together. My brother David beams at my Grandson when he walks in and Martyn just beams back at him as if to say Where You Been.  David says that it makes his day when he sees him.  David goes back out around 5pm to get Michelle and they go on to a cleaning job that they do together and then by 7pm we sat down for dinner which consisted of Cornbeef, Chips and Beans which was yummy.   Shortly after Dave takes me home in his car and Michelle gets Martyn bathed and ready for bed.

So that was yesterday and as I said it is freezing today with a chilly wind that needs to blow away fast.  I did turn my central heating off for a few days because it has been so mild around 10 degrees but today, it went straight back on.  I got up around 8am today and spoke to Frank on the phone for a while and then I ended up giving my bedroom a good clean and tidy and got some washing and ironing done.  Michelle rang to say that Martyn had cut his first tooth which explained his sleepless few nights poor thing.

Housework lasted till about 11.30 am and then I did some job searching and applied for a few jobs.  I checked my emails and have been invited for an interview on Monday so am looking forward to that. I then finished off knitting the 4th strip for the rug and whilst watching The Grocery Girls Podcast on Youtube, I sewed together the 4 strips that were completed.

You can see it folded on the back of the chair and it is rather big.  I was going to take a photo of it on the floor but I will wait till I have completed it because I am hoping to turn it into a knitting pattern on Ravelry.

It is now 1640 hrs and just starting to get dark so the candles are lit and the lamp is on and am now enjoying a cuppa and some rich tea biscuits.  
Tammie is waiting patiently to be offered some biscuit and you have to dunk it in the tea or she turns up her nose at you. Rather spoiled I am afraid.

I am going to spend the rest of the evening working on my 5th strip for the rug, do a little dinner and maybe see what is on the tv. I am hoping to get those socks finished this weekend because after having a tidy up in my room I have put aside my next stash of yarn for a project and would like to crack on with that soon.

Have a good evening and hopefully be back soon. 

No comments: