Search This Blog

Monday 8 January 2018

January 8th

I actually managed to sleep quite well last night, apart from getting up for a wee 3 times.  I then did not actually wake up properly until 9.30am which is terrible really.  I only woke up because Tipsy was meowing very deeply for her breakfast and she immediately went back to the sofa and curled up again.

I sat down with my cuppa and went straight on the laptop to check my e-mails for any job responses and then did some job searching for about an hour.  It does not seem like a lot of time to job search but while I am still on my medical certificate I am not getting pressured by my work coach.  I still actively look every day, weekends too, but do not spend my normal 4 to 5 hours a day searching.

Michelle rang me to say Martyn had not slept that well last night and she is positive he does not like the travel cot he is sleeping in and so she ended up with him in her bed and he slept 3 hours straight.  She said she had seen a wooden cot in the window of her local charity shop called St Francis Hospice and when she asked how much it was she rang me to ask if Frank or I would go halves because it would be much better for Martyn and she could also use it for her Grandson Sonny too when he stays over.  £50 for an old style wooden cot and mattress is a bargain so I sent her the money and she is having it delivered tonight.  I will try and get a photo of it on Wednesday for my blog.

By about 11am I thought it best to get dressed and do a little moving around so I cracked on with my ironing and pottered about for a while and then sat and did a bit more knitting on the rug strip while browsing for any podcasts to watch.  My ex-Mother in Law came to bring a few bits for the Grand kids and then at 3pm I thought I had better eat a dinner so I did a pork stir-fry which was quite nice.  I then took Tammie out for her walk before the school kids started coming out.  Oh boy it is cold today, they said its 5 oc, and was so glad to have my hat  and big scarf on.

It is now 6.43pm and the first strip of the rug is finished and I am very pleased with it.  I counted that I knitted 170 ridges so I have started another strip a few minutes ago and hopefully will crack on with that.


I decided that I will take the strip up to bed with me later and sew the ends in.

The next photo is of my Hugo Boss Bag which is quite deep and I keep all of my scrap DK yarns in.  As I complete various projects I just throw what is left of a ball into the bag and randomly pick up 2 colours for the rug strips. 


I am going to have to start another project with some more of my Paintbox Simply DK that I have because it is getting a bit low.

So my plans for tomorrow are probably going to consist of a visit to the library to take Franks books back and then I might have a potter around the Heathway for a while.  It is about a mile away and I like to walk there and back to get a bit of exercise.  I am not sure what I will be doing after that, I just know knitting will be involved.

So I am going to get ready for bed, see what crap is on the tv and if not, do a bit of research into sizing and designing of socks.  I just remembered there is a chocolate vanilla swiss roll in my cupboard so I think a coffee and cake is in order. 

Night x





No comments: