Search This Blog

Saturday 6 January 2018

January 6th


It is 5.30pm and am just writing up a blogpost before I head upstairs to do some ironing and to get a hot bath.  The past few days I have been working on my Grandsons Ripple Blanket and I finished it yesterday when we got back from my brother and sister-in-law.  I decided to turn the direction of the pattern and for it to be used length ways and crocheted a black border to make the colours pop.




This morning (Saturday) after we went to get a bit of shopping I sat down around mid day and cross stitched a tag for it so that Martyn can look at it when he is older to remember his Nanny Sue.


I also managed to get a proper photo of Frank wearing his Mind The Gap Socks that I knitted as part of his Christmas Present using Trailing Clouds Yarn. He loves them and cannot wait to show them off at his work.

I have spent the rest of the evening so far, knitting on a rug that is using up Paintbox Simply DK scraps held double.  I am hoping and intending to make myself a rather large rug for my living room and when I get near to finishing it I will be looking for something to put on the back of it to stop it from slipping on my laminate flooring.

I have been thinking a lot about projects for this year and I definetely know there are going to be more socks to be made for both Frank and myself but I want to start looking into designing and the thing that puts me off is the maths for sizing various projects like socks, hats etc.  I hope to do a bit of research soon and a bit of youtube watching to see if there is anything on there that could help with the math side of it.

Frank goes back to his flat in morning which I am not looking forward to but he has had a relaxing few weeks off for Christmas and he has been my rock the past few weeks so I will be spending a lot of time tomorrow pottering around and possibly even binge watching a few podcasts.

It has been rather chilly here today and am so glad I have got my Crofter Socks on which I finished and have taken a photo of but cannot seem to download it at the moment.

So, as I said at the beginning I am off to do some ironing and then hopefully, soak in the bath before I am ready to go to bed which will be very soon. 

No comments: