Search This Blog

Monday 29 January 2018

January 29th

Hi I thought I would finish up January blogposts today and hopefully have a more productive and interesting crafty February.  Since I wrote my last blogpost which was around 10 days ago there has been a fair bit of knitting on my rug project using 2 double knit yarns together and I am currently ready to finish the 4th strip.

It is turning out to be a complete mish-mash of colours without any planning of what colours to use together and at first I thought that it was not going to look ok but to be honest, the more random colours the better.  The 3 that are complete are currently rolled up on my dinner table and they make me fancy a swiss roll cake.


The only negative that I have to say about knitting with 2 strands of double knit yarn held together is that I have been getting a nasty pain in the lower part of my right thumb and when I compared it to my left thumb, the base is quite swollen.  It has woken me up at times and so I have been trying to knit continental to ease the repetitiveness.  I have picked up speed with continental knitting but it does still feel rather odd to me knitting this way but I will do whatever I can to ease the discomfort.


As you can see from the above photo, this is a few of the colours that I want to incorporate into the rug and I intend to add a few paler colours that I have sitting upstairs in my plastic storage container.  

I have been thinking about how I want to complete the rug namely, an edging and I am leaning towards an I-cord edge all the way around because I thought that it would give it a much more sturdy support.  I do intend to wash it now and then but also I have visions of hanging it over the washing line and bashing it a bit to get any dust out.  Lets face it, dusting is not on my priority list.

I have not knitted much on the red, white and blue socks because I only save them for either on the long bus ride to look after my Grandson or I may knit on them whilst in bed.  So it is not worth putting a photo of them here,  I am still on the first sock, I completed the heel the other day and am only a few rows in for the foot.

So as a quick update for January on the job searching front, I am still applying for lots of jobs and barely getting any replies.  I see my work coach every week and also received support to update my cv to tweak it a bit.  I do hope something comes along soon, I have decided to broaden my horizons with what I want to do as a job and realise now that I do not want to have a lot of stress in my life workwise and the only possible career choices that I can think of is working part-time for a while.  To be honest I have been looking at doing cleaning jobs because you work on your own, no stress, no deadlines or office red tape and that sounds attractive to me.  So we will see what February brings.

My crafting plans for February are to just finish this rug and to finish the one pair of socks I have on the needles.  I really do not like having a lot of projects on the go, I like to see the finished product and I hate having projects laying around incomplete, especially if it is expensive yarn.

So, I will say goodbye to January 2018 and hope that those who read this have had a pleasant January.

No comments: