Search This Blog

Monday 1 January 2018

January 1st

As I sit here at 6.50pm with a belly full of dinner (Chinese Takeaway) which Frank suggested and I quickly accepted so I do not have to cook, I am watching a new episode of Great British Railway Journeys and waiting to get my knitting out for the first time in 36 hrs.

My Grand Children came about 7pm on Saturday night and Mya immediately noticed the couple of presents we had for them sitting on the pouffee and she went straight to them and said presents.  My brother David had a quick coffee and Michelle had a cola and we chatted for a while.  Martyn was a bit unsure of where he was but being 6 months old and just woken up, its understandable.   The poor little man has got terrible excema and it must be driving him crazy.  It is all over his face, back and belly and joints.

We settled down for the night, creamed Martyn all over and got ready for bed.  Mya loves laying in Pops bed and she takes it upon herself to fidget, bounce, become a chatterbox and says to me mitt morning (good morning) and I laugh and say good night.  She eventually went to sleep and I settled Martyn after his bottle.  Lets just say he did not sleep very well and it was an exhausting night while Mya slept lovely.  His excema was playing him up and I had to put socks on his hands to stop him from scratching his head to pieces and during the night he would rub his back and bum on the covers to scratch.  He was waking up every hour and wanting to be snuggled and rocked.

During the day they were both brilliant, we played games, ate lots of treats and went for a walk.  I was looking forward to going to bed Sunday night and as predicted, it was another rough night for Martyn.  Mya had not had a nap the whole day so by 8.30pm she slept till 3am and then with her bottle went back to sleep.  Martyn wanted to be comforted and each time I layed him down he didnt want to be in the travel cot so I snuggled him on the end of the bed surrounded by cushions and layed him on his side to avoid him getting too hot on his back.

The fireworks did not wake the kids up and Frank got up at 5am and I gave in and the kids and I got up about 6.45am.   We have had a lazy morning of pottering about and then about 10.45 packed their bits and pieces and walked to their other nans house with the baby bouncer so we didnt have to carry it around Asda.  When we got there Nanny Mac said that we may as well leave the kids now cause Ross and Emma (their Mum and Dad) were leaving by 1pm anyway.

As any Grand Parent may know, you feel a bit lost when it suddenly goes very quiet and Frank said I looked pale. I worry and get anxious when I leave them. We popped in local Tesco to get some eggs and then walked home.  We bought a hot beef and cheese baguette from Greggs Bakers and then after eating that I had to go bed for a few hours.  I felt shaky and knew I was exhausted.  I slept for 4 hours.

We took Tammie out for her walk, had our Chinese and now Frank is reading and I am just typing up this blog.

Now, one of my finished projects was a cushion cover that I had wanted to do for a while.  I had a practice at a piece of Fair Isle knitting from a book and then got the idea of adding a mitred square border to it.  I then knitting a stripey and plain back and sewed it together.


I am pleased with the outcome and would like to make another one at some point but then I have got some ideas going around my head for other things, so maybe not!

The next photo is of the Autumn Wreath that I crocheted a little while ago and I think I posted it on here already.  I wanted to show you a present that I got from Michelle my Sister-in-Law who is my rock.  Its a set of 4 coasters with a photo of my grand babies on.  I could not use them, that would ruin it so we got a picture frame and did a Marilyn Monroe style arrangement and I just love it.


If that was all I had got at Christmas, it would have been fantastic.  It sits with pride on my living room wall.

I am now going to knit some more of my second sock and hopefully watch a podcast or two while thinking of my Grand babies and enjoying Frank being here for a while.  I am and will try to stay positive, I must. 

Have a good evening and will blog again tomorrow if I have done anything interesting.



No comments: