Search This Blog

Thursday 18 January 2018

January 18th


Hi, I have not been doing anything of interest to blog about the past few days so I thought I would just pop in some photos.

This first one is of a lap blanket that I crocheted back in November 2012 and completed it in January 2013.  It is made with acrylic yarn and is just simple granny squares with a white border.  I then put crocheted the squares together into strips, did a red border between the strips and then went around the outside edge to finish off.  I have currently got it over my lap because it is quite chilly here today and am feeling the cold.


The next photo is of a sock that I have started. In fact it is Franks 18th pair of socks, I did make 17 pairs for him last year and I hope to make the same amount again but with different yarns and hopefully a few designs of my own.  The yarn that I am using at the moment is called Zig Zag and it is lovely to work with.  I am using my Knit Pro Zings, size 2mm and they are begining to be my most favourable needles.


I have been visiting my Grandson the past few days and I am thoroughly enjoying my time with him, he makes me smile so much and is learning new things every day.  The past few days he has realised he can shake his head and also found his screechy voice which he thinks is highly hilarious.

Today we have had a whole mixture of weather, at 2am there were gale force winds which blew down a few trees, broke my neighbours fence two doors away and then blew over my small little plastic greenhouse that I use to put in garden pots etc.  I do not understand how it can blow over though because I have a marble hearth at the bottom of it to weigh it down but it still gets blown over at times.

Then we had a heavy downpour about 3pm when the school kids came out and now it is just cold, dark and damp.  The news report is saying that there has been a lot of snow all over the country and lots too in USA.  Blimey, I hope it does not cause any problems for people.  

Oh well,  I am going to watch a podcast and do a little knitting on the 3rd strip of the rug I am making.  My thumb is still quite sore after a little bit of knitting but am trying to alternate my technique to ease the pain. 

Have a good evening!

No comments: