Search This Blog

Saturday 13 January 2018

January 12th

Back again and been pretty busy what with one thing and another and today I decided on a project that I want to make by December 1st, 2018.
These are the Advent Mittens on Ravelry.com and I hope to make 2 sets one for my Grandchildren and one for a family member.

Frank came round Friday after he finished work and brought me a treat from Ravs Bakers in Essex Road which is my favourite bread of all time. 
Called Walnut Loaf and as of right now, it is all gone.  Spread with Lurpak Butter and its irresistable.

Today we went out early and got to Romford before the crowds and Frank bought a load of clothes for Martyn out of Primark and then we went to give them to him at my sisters house.  We stayed around an hour and had loads of cuddles with Martyn and then went to a nearby parade of shops called Hilldene.  There is a big charity shop there called St Francis Hospice which has a furniture shop one side of the parade and is not expensive like some and then on the otherside of the parade there is a bric brac/clothing shop.  

I got these two sets of gorgeous buttons.  The 2 at the top of the picture caught my eye because they look embossed and are warped and they only cost 50p.  The 5 buttons on the strip look a bit like a marble effect and they were £1.  I could not resist them for the texture and colour and just know that Mya will like them too. She loves playing with my button collection, especially when I have insects, the sunshine, watering can and plant pots and lots more shapes for her to recognise and talk about.

While we were visiting my sister she said that there was a Fisher Price Jumperoo that someone was selling in London for £10 but she had to go and get it.  Fate happens man, we looked straight at it in the charity shop.


It is big but comes apart, has straps to adjust so as baby gets taller and stronger he/she can have more bounce and there are activity attachments too.  We asked the lady how much and she said £10 at first and as I got on the phone to my sister who said grab it, the lady in the shop said that it was donated this morning and wants it out of the shop because it is big.  She reduced the price to £5 so we grabbed it.  Frank got 4 books that are new and in total spent £8.20 in the shop plus my button purchase.

It was meant to be! 

I will get a photo of him in it when she has cleaned the fabric and sterilised the tray and activity attachments.

No comments: