Search This Blog

Thursday 28 December 2017

Podcast Watching & 17 Pairs of Socks

I was lucky enough to get another job after the disasterous attempt at commuting to London and it was a Documentation Clerk for a freight company based about 2 miles after Romford Station.  It was about the same time travelling as it was for the London job so was a very long day.  I spent the one hour on the bus knitting on socks and each day for 3 weeks was hoping that things would settle down.
Unfortunately, they did not and so my coping mechanism was failing very quickly, making mistakes at work which was not going down well because you have to be accurate, terrible anxieties returning even worse and not wanting to leave the house.  So I did not think it would be fair on my new employer and decided, no matter what the financial consequence, to leave.

So since November 23rd I have been medically certified by my doctor as unfit for work due to Depression and it is the first time in my working career that I have had to do that.  I barely go out unless I have to, I have knitted and crocheted intensely and watched lots of podcasts.

I have spent a little time looking for work just in case there is something ideal posted on the job websites but in my heart of hearts, I know I am still not ready.

Today is 28th December 2017 and for the first time ever I did not put up my Christmas Tree and Decorations. I do not want to celebrate this year in anyway shape or form plus I could not reach the decorations in the loft.  So I had a quiet Christmas at home.

So,  besides all of that what I have been watching are my podcasts and the only christmas type of viewing are the Vlogmases of various podcasters that I watch on a regular basis.  I have found them very interesting and just love seeing other peoples daily lives in America, Norway, Canada and UK.  I have the ingredients to have a go at baking a Norweigan Cookie which looks yummy and hopefully will start that soon.

I have also been looking at my Ravelry project page and worked out that I have knitted 17 pairs of socks this year and thoroughly enjoyed doing that so I hope to carry on making socks.  I have casted on a pair for me and will post a picture soon.

I have also been thinking about the New Year and what plans I have.  2017 has made me ill because whenever I feltgood something happens (which felt like everyday a lot of the time) and I get knocked back again and I would like to think that 2018 might be good for a lot of people.   So I am going to make little steps to try and be positive and yesterday I bought a 2018 calender with a little pocket diary and cannot wait to rip up 2017 and say good riddance.

I do hope to write on here with snippets of each day from 1st January in the hope that I can look back at positive and not negative and of course, photos of my projects and interests too.

So, I hope those few people who read this stick around and I hope that where ever you are, you have a good end to 2017.

No comments: