Search This Blog

Saturday 30 December 2017

Getting ready for the New Year

Today is Saturday 30th December 2017 and as the title says I am preparing to end this year. I am not going out but will have the joy of looking after my Grandson and Grand Daughter who will be coming here later today and will be staying till New Years Day in the afternoon.

House is as tidy as it ever will be, my partner has been visiting and is going to help me look after the Grand children and so I am looking forward to it.  I have watched a couple of podcasts this morning while Frank has gone to Romford to look in the sales, I decided to not go because I just cannot stand those crowds plus I do like being at home pottering about.

We will probably take them over to the park on New Years Eve and I will cook a roast dinner for us but instead of buying a joint of meat we are going to have the best ever sausages that money can buy. My local Co-Op does the best fresh sausages ever and they are so tasty with just a few herbs, I have used them in casseroles too and the flavour is great.

I have been knitting on a pair of socks for me using Crofter Fair Isle Effect DK Yarn, I wanted a warm cosy pair for the house or for wearing in my boots.  I have finished the first one and started on the second one last night.

While I remember the reason I have not put any photos on here at the moment is because my mobile phone will not bluetooth over photos to my MacBook, my son says its because Samsung are not recognising MacBooks and I am rather frustrated with that.  What I have to do is either write on my blog using my phone which takes ages or email photos and then download them from the laptop.  It is a crazy way of doing it and to be honest, I just cannot be bothered at the moment.  I will write a blog post on New Years Day with photos once my Grand Babies have gone home.

So I am now going to relax while its quiet, make myself a cup of tea and think about what 2018 is going to start out like.

Bye for now!

No comments: