Search This Blog

Sunday, 5 July 2015

Engineering Works on the Trains

I would say at least once a month the District Line Trains are closed for the whole weekend for engineering work to be done which meant it was going to be a longer journey than normal to get to see my Frank.  The good thing that the Transport For London does when these things happen is that they put on a free bus to take you to the various train stations.  They are much quicker than the normal bus routes and obviously you do not have to pay.  So I got the free bus to Dagenham Heathway Station and then got on the 174 bus to meet Frank in Romford.  I took that time thinking about what I can put on my blog and took a random photo of inside the bus....

Obviously this photo is for those living in other countries and may wonder what the inside of a British Bus looks like.  Theres not much to see really, lets face it, the driver is at the front on the right, you press a bell to tell him or her you want to get off.  

Anyway, we met in Romford, sat outside Poppins Cafe with Tammie and had some brekker and then slowly walked down to the vet because Tammie had to have her booster injections.   We then walked back to Romford Train Station which is not part of the District Line and headed back to Kent.  We had to get to Stratford in order to get on the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich so that we could get the 486 bus to Welling.  It did not take as long as we thought and was in Kent by mid day.  

We was going to go for a walk through Greenwich Park but were both so tuckered out from a busy week we just wanted to get in and rest.  Frank did take a photo of Tammie sitting on my lap whilst on the bus, its not very flattering of me but here you are..

She looks like she owns the bus by the way she is sitting on my lap with the leg hanging off the side.  She is truly spoilt!

We spent the rest of the day watching a bit of tv, sat in the garden for a while and I did some knitting on my mitred blanket whilst Frank read his latest book.  He loves reading, gets very engrossed in them.

I decided not to do any baking this weekend and was glad for a rest, I even ended up having a rather long nap but that is what the heat does to me.  

I tried to take a photo of the blue tit that had landed on the feeder that John bought a few weeks ago.  Its not a great picture but you can just about make him out on the left of the feeder.  They move so quickly that I had to poise myself with the finger on the button and trying to stay in focus to get a shot of him.  

On the crafting front I have finished one side of the mitred blanket and am now working on the other side.  Once I get that bit done I can just keep on adding squares until I get the length I want.  Then I can work on more of the design that I have planned for it.  I must admit though, when your working on a project that does not need much concentration, I tend to let my mind wander into my own thoughts, worries and memories and that I truly believe is good for you.  Anyway, here is a photo update taken Saturday evening whilst Tammie was having her rest and taking up a lot of the sofa.

Do you think she looks comfy there, she always gets in the middle of me and Frank when we want to cuddle....which is rather annoying!

Frank escorted me back to Barking Sunday morning which was not easy leaving him, but we had no choice otherwise if we had left it late for me to get home then the train and bus that I needed to get would have been absolute manic.  Trust me, it is not nice when you have a back pack and a little dog to carry.  We said goodbye which chokes us all the time and I got back to Dagenham by mid day.  I tidied up and then went for a little jog to get my mood up a bit and then came home and did a light dinner for Ross and Emma.  They went out and I decided to do my blog and a bit of crafting.

I finished off a little candy bag that I am designing and am thoroughly pleased with it.  The idea was that you give it as a gift bag with either sweets inside or even a little present for someone....

I got some King Cole Glitz double knit yarn in red and mixed it with the white.  Am rather pleased with it.  I then thought I would have a go at another bag but do it in crochet because I actually need a project to put in my bag to take to work with me to do in my lunch break.  So I just sat here an hour ago and this is the progress I have made so far...

It has certainly come together much quicker than knitting one and am now debating whether to have a go at a Christmas Stocking or not!

I did change my bedding after dinner and decided to get my Primrose Afghan out just to brighten up the bedroom and here it is again for you to see.

It is so pretty and I still have a lot of yarn left over.  

Oh well, I am off to prepare for another week at work and another week missing my Frank. I will try and blog again within the next few days and hope you have liked the ones I did last week.

Post a Comment