Search This Blog

Sunday 28 June 2015

A British Sandwich

What is distinguished as a British Sandwich?  Some would say cucumber sandwiches, some would say cheese sandwich but I say it is a Chip Butty.....Fresh bread cut thickly with a decent butter and loads of warm chips.  Here is a photo of what I enjoyed the other evening after a humid day stuck in the windowless office.....


I came home from Franks house today and was debating whether to post anything because I havent really been doing much other than work.  I have been working on my mitred blanket and am enjoying it a lot now that I have a design in my head to work on.  The progress of it is below for you to see...


I intend to have the mitred pattern going in a vertical direction and then squaring off the corners which I have done in this photo.  However, I am going to continue with it to the length I want the middle section and then knit a border all the way round and then add some more mitred squares to it.  I am hoping to get it finished by Christmas with the wish that Frank will be back home by then and we can cuddle under it.


Its been quite a humid month of June, we have had a mixture of weather and the past few days it has been 27 degrees.  We have had some dodgy looking clouds coming over too and here is a photo taken from the front of my house.  
In fact, this photo was taken Monday night last week because the bin men were due on Tuesday morning.  The forecast for this week is going to be unbearable, the weatherman said it is going to get to 34 degrees, I hope not!!!  I cannot bare being stuck in that office with that kind of tempature...

Oh well, I am going to go now and sort out a few things in preparation for some ideas for christmas presents.  I will leave you with the progress of the baby goslings I feed in the mornings on the way to work.  There is also a photo of some baby ducks that Frank took over New River Walk and of course, a photo of my spoilt pup....have a good week and I will try to post more later.

Apparently, the goslings will keep their cute fluffy coats until they are around 3 months old.  I also found out that the geese can live up to 25years.  




No comments: