Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2015

29 degrees....

Today is hot, humid, sticky and all those uncomfortable words that describe this heat.  I have spent 8 hours in a windowless office surrounded by electrical equipment i.e. computer, and a wall fan that does not do much good.

I sat in the garden at work around 1.15pm and its too hot to eat much so I just had cereal for my lunch and then did some knitting on my bag design.  Here is a photo just to prove I did do some craft today.....
I have started this three times but I think I have finally
cracked it as to what I wanted to achieve with it.  Im using an acrylic double knit yarn by Hayfield Bonus.  Also using size 4mm double pointed needles.

On the way home I treated myself to some Lily Flowers and popped into my local florist who charged £3.50 for one stem of lillies.  It is quite dear but you get at least 5 flowers on the stem and when they open, it will smell gorgeous.  Here is a photo of them placed in a vase I have had a couple of years, it was dumped at New River Walk and we thought, waste not, want not so it is being used for the first time today.  
The wire that you can see on the floor is connected to my
fan which is blasting right now.  Can you see my cook books and also in the distance my basket that I keep scraps of acyrlic in. They are destined to be a blanket one day soon but its just too hot at the moment to even think about another blanket.  

I shall now leave you with a photo of my craft basket on the coffee table, my cup of loose leaf tea which is quite strong and am now off to eat some chicken nuggets and then walk Tammie once its cooled down a bit.  I will probably potter about in the back garden for a little white.....bye for now.



No comments: