Search This Blog

Saturday 22 November 2014

Dragonflies Hat in Rowan

After completing my recent hat I decided I really wanted a green one too and I saw Kay from Bakery Bear Podcast had knitted this Dragonflies Hat.  I don't have much experience with Lace knitting but I bought the pattern from Ravelry and thought, 'yeah I can do that'.  After a little bit of frogging at the beginning I kept with it and then decided after the first pattern repeat that I had had enough of the lace.

It felt like I was under tension to get it right and the fingers on my left hand were getting 'fixed' after a few rows so I decided to not repeat the pattern and just knit a few simple stocking stitch rows and then do the crown.  I am really pleased with it.  I used Rowan Creative Linen and only used just over half a skein which is brilliant.  The hat cover's my ears and is not slouchy at the back so I am going to either make another one in a different design or knit a matching scarf or cowl to go with it.

Here are a couple of photo's .......




I started a pair of Regia socks for my son Ross who has a size 10-11 foot.  He has wide feet and I wound up a 100g ball into two 50gs and started from the toe up.  I did my own kind of design in as much as I did the provisional toe up and will keep knitting until it is 10 inches for the foot and then I will do a sweet tomatoe heel which is the best heel around.  I then hope there's enough yarn to knit a nice length cuff.  Here's a photo of the progress so far.....

it's on my foot by the way, I was at my lunch break in work and decided to see if it was wide enough.  Ross tried it on that night and it is wide enough for him so that's good.


It's been a typical week all round and i worked today as a cleaner so I can earn some extra pennies for Christmas.  I came home about 4pm, took Tammie out for a walk while the rain had stopped and then did some housework.  I then coloured my hair again and finished off some knitting.  So now I am going to watch a podcast and hope that Sunday brings me a happy day for us all.

Here's a photo of Tammie a few minutes ago after I decided she needed a good haircut.........................






No comments: