Search This Blog

Sunday 5 October 2014

The Three B's..

It's not hard to think of a title for today's post.  Here goes....

Beach

We popped to Southend on Sea yesterday for a few hours.  Only because the weather man said Sunday was going to be a wet day but Saturday would be nice.  They got that wrong because by lunch time, the rain arrived and was rather gusty and chilly.  Mind you, it was so peaceful walking along the beach and listening to the waves.  Here's a couple of pictures that just say ...'relax',



However, today (Sunday), it's bright and sunny.  There was a frost this morning and it is a bit nippy but still lovely and bright.

Bakery

Do you remember the swiss roll I made last week.....well I had another go at it but decided to just make it into a layer cake instead and used Morello Cherry Jam and Buttercream...here's a picture!


I must be feeling a bit better for me to get the baking bug again!  

Blanket

I have knitted about 90% of my blanket that I am designing. I now just have the final strip to knit of the Knotted Cable.  I won't show a picture yet until it's finished.  

I had a bit of a dilema too because I had ran out of yarn for it and couldn't get it anywhere on the net matching the shade and dye number.  I ended up going in my local yarn shop which I try to avoid and he had it there so I just bought it quick and walked out.

Oh well, I am going to go cook his dinner, walk the dog and then knit for the rest of the day.  Have a good week everyone.





No comments: