Search This Blog

Thursday 4 September 2014

That Thursday Feeling

Am I the only one who realises that the day's just fly past and suddenly you think, 'blimey it's the weekend soon...hooray'.  Only to get the hump when it's Sunday morning and you know it's back to being a robot again the next day.  I cannot tell you how many times a day, each and every day, I have thought about packing it all in and sticking to my designing.  I go to bed dreaming about owning my own yarn shop with a gorgeous flat upstairs, a garden out the back, a few spare rooms for workshops and tutorials and a large table for knit/crochet nights full of chatter or even just quiet, enjoying a cuppa and a nice home made cake.    However, reality hits me the next morning when I wake up at silly o'clock hour.    Nan always said 'the day's seem shorter, the older you get' and when she said that I was in my early 20's with two young children thinking to myself, 'yeah, but that's a long way away'.

Suddenly, 20+ years it's suddenly become true and as much as I love being independent and kind of enjoy my job, I would still love to eat, sleep, drink, dream and do my crafts all day, every day, 7 days a week. Oh well, it's best to stop dreaming and get on with reality.....but I wonder how many of us are truly doing the career we really wanted.  The sad person that I am, I always wanted to be a Secretary and well, I've done that.  I think I am going to get a t-shirt printed with on the front 'pass me my tea and my knitting, and back away SLOWLY'.

The craft's are going ok, the crochet blanket I am making as a Christmas Present is about 85% complete.  I have started the pink rows which consist of 18 squares and then I have to do 18 wine coloured squares.  Here is an updated photo........


I am excited at the fact that i get to crochet all the way around it to complete it. I know it's sad, but I just love doing that.  I'm not sure whether to do a row of each colour all the way around or to just do white. If anyone has got any ideas, please let me know.

It's been a pleasant six weeks of walking through my local park whilst the school kids are on their summer break but today, the quiet has kind of gone now.  The noise three teenage kids can make in a large park is horrendous.  They were talking above each other and getting louder and louder and I felt like saying to them 'be quiet and enjoy the flipping birds singing' but I bit my tongue and just hung around till they were off in the distance.  Then I fed the ducks and geese and blimey, the two large swans came up to be fed and I fed them by hand...the lady swan was so gentle taking the food out of my hand but the male, he must have been starving.  

Here's a photo of them.  They did have a baby a few months ago but we saw it a few weeks old and I did post pictures of it here, but it's still not been seen so I am only hoping the park rangers took it......here is its Mum and Dad though.


They are huge birds and their wing span must be at least 6 feet wide.  They make me laugh because when you see them walking towards you they waddle like they have just had a three course meal.....

Oh well, I'm off to bed to dream of my shop, and hopefully, in the morning I can do a bit of crochet before I head off to the PIT!!!


No comments: