Search This Blog

Friday 12 September 2014

A Productive Day

We are having a long weekend, a relaxing break doing absolutely no work.  Today I woke up at about 8am and we had to wait in for the council to come and do a little repair in the bathroom.  Then I did two wash loads, hoovered through, made a Gluten Free Victoria Sponge Cake.........

and it's very sweet and delicious with a cup of coffee!  Did all this before 12 noon.

After clearing up and putting the washing on the line, I decided to make a start on a project that's been sitting and waiting for about 2 months.  Frank's Mum asked if I could cover a large seat pad for a telephone bench and I said 'yes, i will give it a go'.  She went and bought some expensive upholstery fabric and I saved it to do this weekend.  After a lot of thinking about how I am going to cover a large seat pad namely 44 inches long and 24 inches wide, I set about having a go.  After 3 hours and some tweaking I finally did it.  Am not 100% pleased with it because I would have liked to put a zip in but I was more worried about the cost of the fabric if I messed it up so, I made a flap of fabric and hemmed it so when it's placed onto the bench, it will be at the back.  Here is a picture of it completed and I will take a photo later of it in situ...........


It's not perfect but I am glad I had a go..

My next project to complete will be to finish the crochet blanket and then that will be a christmas present completed.  I am hoping to make some more toys once it's done.  

I have been feeding Crooked Billet almost every day and it's so lovely to see him or her, he flew over the fence yesterday and got right up close to me. I am going to leave you with a photo of him and I will be back again very soon.......






No comments: